Version 4.0 of AdonisJs is officially out and not only it is ready to be used in production, but you can also invest your time to build long-term projects, and there are reasons behind such a strong voice.
proxiesare fully implemented, we are not expecting any big changes forcing a re-write of the framework.
- After the dev release, I successfully got AdonisJs running in production inside Kayako ( the company I work for ). That means I use it every day at work, taking out more time to improve it and build tooling around the framework.
- I am happy to accept that we are a small community ( not as big as React ) but it is changing. Every morning I get at-least 10 new PR’s and a bunch of issues around edge cases.
Where to get it?
Head over to http://adonisjs.com and follow the installation guide. Trust me it will take less than 5 minutes to get Adonis running on your machine.
If this is the first time you hear about AdonisJs, then let me put down some impressive features you wished inside a Node framework.
- Solid MVC architecture with inbuilt IoC container to bind and resolve dependencies.
- First class support for unit testing, API and browser tests.
- Active Record based ORM.
- Bunch of first-class add-ons for: sending emails, I18n and writing terminal commands
- Extensive documentation.
It is not all over. There are a bunch of things pending to be added to the eco-system and make you even more productive as a developer.
I will be working on small features like:
- Development request logger.
- Model traits for adding slugs.
- A demo application built using AdonisJs and NuxtJs.
The good chunk of my time will be spent on adding support for following features.